I've recently checked out 6 books from the library that I like a lot. I actually have only read 4 of them, I started the fifth last night but I am a little burned out from reading too much. :) (Yay!) But I wanted to share them with everybody. The first two I will mention I absolutely loved, so Julie run, don't walk, to your nearest library and get these books ASAP!!!!!!
1. Sorcery and Cecelia or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot (I love the title!) by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer (Make sure to read the Notes by the authors at the end)
2. Treasure at the Heart of Tanglewood (for the nature lover in us all) by Meredith Ann Pierce
3. The Counterfeit Princess (The little Sarah in me freaks out whenever I see the word "princess"!) by Jane Resh Thomas
4. The Thief (I liked this one but the ending was a little confusing) by Megan Whalen Turner
5. The Edge on the Sword (I barely started this one but let me just mention the heroine's name: Aethelflaed, imagine the a and e together in the same letter, very Anglo-Saxony!)
6. Far Traveler (This is the sequel to the Edge on the Sword) by Rebecca Tingle
2 comments:
Congratulations on your move. I am happy for you and sad for Julie. She will miss you. I really enjoy your blog and I am going to read the books you recommend also. I already read Thief if it is the one by Cornelia Funke. I did not like it as well as others by Funke. My favorite by her is called Princess Pigsty. My daughter has to hear it every night for a bed time story. I must confess I did hide it this week because it was getting to be too much. I will find it tomorrow.
Good luck in California.
Must make list to take with me to the library. Ever since we talked I have been remembering the chocolate pot book and how strong the characters were... really liked it. I think I have some sort of sorcery blood in me. I think I could do magic if I really tried. Don't you?
Post a Comment