Tuesday, June 12, 2007

California here I am!
















I'm here! Finally! These last 6 months of my life have been rather hectic and stressful. Although real stress would have been doing everything I did plus kids, pets, in-laws, and a large house full of stuff. As it happens, it was only Justin, me, job, and small apartment. Oh and LAW SCHOOL! Justin's graduation was fun but also crazy. It was hard to be with everyone that came and make sure that no one got left out. Justin had to spread his love around to everyone as a bee spreads pollen from flower to flower. Fortunately there weren't any needy crazy flowers, just polite but anxiously waiting flowers and I was tormented by those waiting to congratulate Justin. "Hold on a little longer," I telepathically transmitted to them. We ate a lot that day and that night we went to Joe Morley's for the special graduation dinner. Hmna Milla, Mami, Chiquis and I went to get our hair done at Super Cuts. What a mistake! We ended up being half an hour late to my own husband's party! I was so embarrassed and on the verge of tears the whole time as I went from table to table saying, "I'm sorry I'm late, enjoy the food!" in a strangled sort of voice. Then Justin gave a nice speech where he thanked everyone and talked about his Grandma Vaudis. And therefore under the protection of fond grandmother memories I let all the day's stress out and had a good cry. :) This, folks, was the beginning of a three week cry fest that would amaze even me, with its unexpected choice of times, places, and quantities of liquid. I will continue the tale at another time because I REALLY need to shower and get dressed. But let me leave you with some tantalizing tidbits that I will title . . .










WORK!










CHURCH!










MOVING!










Thank you for all those who keep checking my blog for updates and have been constantly disappointed (Susan and Julie). :) I promise to do better in the future. :)

1 comment:

Julie Castellon said...

I love feeling like I am a part of your life... kind of like you belong to me... I can guess the people in the pictures, even though I have never met them.

I am so proud of Justin! He worked so hard and should bask in the glory of knowing that he has graduated from law school!!!

Love the bee/flower reference. I'm sure everyone was just eating it up. Miss you!

Oh, the stake sent someone to play for sacrament meeting. That was nice of them.